The Tradition of Excellence Continues
We are known for our high levels of customer satisfaction
- To create a positive work environment for employees, that is suitable for the maintenance of a motivated workforce
- To provide products of the highest quality to assist in the delivery of good health care across the Caribbean region
- To deliver excellent customer service to ensure client satisfaction
- To supply products at reasonable rates to assist the consumer in securing proper health care
- To demonstrate our civic consciousness through outreach into the wider community, particularly in the area of health care.
Medimpex West Indies Limited & Medimpex Jamaica Limited are the subsidiaries of 2 leading Central Eastern European multinational pharmaceutical manufacturers – Gedeon Richter and Egis Pharmaceuticals.
Medimpex Hungary started operating in Jamaica in 1976, and established its first office in the year 1979. This office was later reestablished as a trading firm known as Medimpex Jamaica Limited in 1982.
In 1984 to continue the diversification exercise, Medimpex West Indies was established and this company took over the entire export/import activity mainly from Hungary to the Caribbean and a part of Latin America, while Medimpex Jamaica became the exclusive distributor for the Hungarian pharmaceutical companies in Jamaica. During these years, the companies vigorously observed the valuable traditions of Hungarian pharmacology and in a wider sense those of the Hungarian medical sciences.
Most of the goods distributed in the Caribbean come from Hungary but we also represent other big international companies from USA, Canada, UK, Germany and India, mainly. In recent years, some of the finest manufacturers of pharmaceuticals in different parts of the world have appointed our company to distribute their products in our marketplace.
With the mixture of Hungarian and international manufacturers, we can offer a comprehensive range of world-class products. We are very proud that Medimpex was the pioneer in the early 1980s in introducing the first highest quality branded generic products to the Caribbean public and private sectors.
We refuse to compromise on our standards, as we are committed to maintaining a high level of confidence that we currently enjoy.